Setting up the serverEdit
Before you can actually start playing you still need to get that server running. By now you should have installed all the basics to get this done. Surprisingly it is not that hard to play your server offline. On line is a different story. So I will cover them seperatly
Server for offline use.Edit
By now you should have installed all the basics to get this done. Surprisingly it is not that hard to play your server offline.
- Go to your rAthena folder and find rAthena-13
- Double click it
- Wait for visual studio to load
- Locate the green arrowhead (play sign)
- In the white box to its right select Release instead of debug
- Locate the Solution explorer, pretty much the entire right side of the window.
- Right click on Solution 'rAthena-13'(4 projects)
- Select build solution
- If you update the rAthena folder after doing this you will have to repeat this step!
- Go to your rAthena folder
- Locate runserver-sql and double click
- You will now see 3 cmd windows open up
- Check for the following warnings
- [Warning]: Using the defaulth user/password s1/p1 is NOT RECOMMENDED.
- [Warning]: Not all IP adresses in XXX_athena.conf configured.
- [Warning]: Log table log_db_db does not excist
- If you have something that looks like warning 3 you need to edit, a file otherwise your done.
- Locate the conf folder inside you rAthena folder (rAthena -> conf)
- Open inter_athena with a simple text editor and look for //MySQL Log SQL Database
- Change the line log_db_db: ragnarok to log_db_db: log
- Restart your server
- Now go to your rAthena folder and open src/common/
- Inside the common folder find mmo.h and open it in either visual studio or a text editor.
- Look for #ifndef PACKETVER
#define PACKETVER 20130807
//#define PACKETVER 20120618
- Change it into #ifndef PACKETVER
//#define PACKETVER 20130807
#define PACKETVER 20120618
- Repeat Step 1.
- You can now log into the server and play the game.